Saturday, January 27, 2007

all teary eyed

I passed a guy singing (and dancing) at the top of his lungs at a bus stop today. Thoroughly enjoyable. He may be the most uninhibited person I've ever seen...

Enjoyed dinner last night with a fun family and have now nominated their kids for entry into the "cutest kids in the world" club - so Makenna and Tracen, you have two new friends named Autumn and Taylor. Height of cuteness may have been when 2 yr. old Autumn put her tiny fists out for a little fist bump, shortly after 4 yr old Taylor gave all of us a big hug and kiss on the cheek.

And speaking of cuteness, that brings me to the title of this blog... There are brief moments and situations that make tears come suddenly...and not like really crying tears, just eyes almost overflowing type tears. These unexpected moments have been brought on by certain notes sung by sopranos, or incredible chords in lush symphonies when I'm playing and I'm surrounded by such intensity of sound, or by confessions of belief in God from people, or by innocence in kids. At Christmas the kids choir sang in big church and my eyes filled as they sang... I think maybe it is beauty that brings these tears. I'm not really sure...but it's good. Any of you ever experience those sudden tears? Hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sarah, you are my favorite. you are so awseome to offer me trail mix. i mean...you've pretty much acheived hero status in my book. i hope you are doin GREAT in the land of enchantment. :)