So I've been playing with my computer...trying to figure out just what exactly is on here....and have discovered that I have several random videos and songs and pictures (that I did not put on here). One of them is Alanis Morisette's "Everything" video - which I watched as I hadn't seen it before. She's singing to someone who loves her (I assume) and one of the lines in the chorus says (more or less)
"You see everything...you know all my light...and you love all my dark"
and I think that kinda says what I dream about from some future love. I want him to know my light and my dark, and to love me with both...not that I want him to think my vices are just fantastic (in fact I want him to spur me on, to challenge me to become better), but I don't want to think that he might say adios because of a flaw in me.
I know these thoughts are not new...probably every girl on the earth (and boy too maybe) wishes to be loved for the light and dark in us...but I thought ol' Alanis sang it well and, as I have recently been in the midst of that longing-for-marriage state that going to a wedding sometimes causes, I had to muse about the light and dark out loud.... So after going to Sarah's (the best friend) wedding, being pretty involved with it since about February, I suffered a serious bout of wish-I-was-married. I am happy (and relieved) to say that I think I have made it through that particular illness...am mostly back to the little-more-content-with-the-current-state-of-things (aka the extremely single life) attitude. I think... (and I'm sure the friends and family who've been around me for the last 2 weeks would like for me to be to be done with that funk too! ha! sorry!).
No comments:
Post a Comment