Thursday, October 19, 2006

The meth lab down the street...

So last week the cops were at my neighbors house (2 doors down) for a good 8 hours or so...and while we had all been a little suspicious of the activity there, I never suspected drugs. I'd see random gangster kids walking from that house at all hours and rarely any adults, but never thought too hard about it. Well, the day after the cops were there, the doors and windows were boarded over and all the suspicious gangsters were no longer making any appearances. My mom ran up to the door a couple days ago to see what a sign said that had been posted by the police...and it turns out that the house had been vacated and all possessions seized because illegal substances were found to be manufactered there...holy cow! A meth house 2 doors down! In an old and quiet neighborhood! The sad part is that there were all kinds of kids in and out of there. Apparently other neighbors of mine (who are less dense than I am) had been videotaping the house at night because there was a lot of activity between 2 and 4 am on a regular basis. Wow. As I lay peacefully sleeping my little self away every night, we were having a neighborhood drug bonanza. That's great.
The exciting things that happen in good ol' Albuquerque...

Oh yeah, and in addition to the meth lab excitement of my life, I am running a race this weekend! The Duke City Marathon...5k. Yes indeed, the 5k (not to be confused with the actual marathon) and I are going to become friends on Sunday...or maybe not as I have not had much time to run this week! ahh!

No comments: