Sunday, October 22, 2006

life is good because

I feel in the mood for a top ten...so here it is:
Life is Good because:
1. I ran a 5k this morning and didn't stop! Whoo hoo! Especially in light of the fact that I did (ahem) not train so much...

2. I get to play cello next week at church with the new worship guy. Yahoo for new worship guy who is outstanding! and let's me play with him!

3. The song "everybody's workin for the weekend" is true...I'm here to say that weekends are the greatest invention of all time.

4. I saw friends for 3 of the last several weekends and that was SO exciting! Yahoo for Mandy and Emily and Melissa and Makenna and Tracen and Tyson and Sahala and Marc and Ryan and Dan and Ashley and Erica and Amy and Tobi and Marianne and on and on...

5. God seems to be testing my patience lately...either that or I just can't take a No when I hear it.. (hopefully not the latter)... and testing my patience isn't actually a fun thing at all, but I spose it's always a good thing when God refines me, because I need oh so much refining.

6. My 7th graders ask such funny things in health...like the other day when I showed them approx. where the stomach would be under the liver and to the side and one little girl raises her hand and asks "If the stomach is way up there, why does your belly get so big underneath when you're pregnant?" because yes, she really thought the baby was in the momma's stomach.

7. My brother Ian suprised us yesterday by walking into the kitchen! We thought he was in Florida! He's in the Air Force and has been assigned to Kirtland (the base here) for some more training...whoo hoo for bro being home!

8. Less than 8 weeks left until Christmas break! and yes, i'm counting down!!

9. dreams of traveling with emily this summer...maybe! i hope!

10. beautiful weather, incredible mountains, amazing home cooking, a God who never ever stops loving me, and this quote that makes me laugh "You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!", especially when I say it to my kids (but only in my head)!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

yea for ian and for all your top 10 list!! you make me smile. i am so glad ian got to come home. tell your family hello. cannot wait to come back to albuquerque!!!! love you...mel

emily harrison said...

I love sarah. i love sarah. i love sarah.
i love sarah's top ten.

hey - remember coke tab? whatever happened to him?

sarita said...

ahhh, melissa and emily!! I miss you ladies!!
I can't wait for you to come back either Mel!
and about coke tab, well, she suffered a sad demise...in that she kinda lost it at the end. And by lost it, i mean she started chewing on herself and acting way loony. Fortunately for her, she's enjoying rat heaven now, probably running around all crazy!