Here's a top 5 in the horrendous category:
5. I heard a "stripped live" (aka acoustic and live) version of an All American Rejects song the other day...and wow, their singer is TERRible! When did it become ok to have a band with a singer that can't actually sing...or if he can, is too high while singing live to sing a recognizable tune? Baaaad.
4. 50 mph winds (i know Lubbock, your winds are way worse)
3. Immense amounts of whining because of book work (Ms. Fraser, why can't we do something fun?)....so then I prepare a lab, and still they whine (Ms. Fraser, we want to answer questions out of the book)! agh!
2. I think I was hit on by an old guy the other day...and by old, I mean like mid-50's maybe. We were talking about life at a party my Aunt had and I mentioned that I'd like my sister to teach me how to snowboard...to which he responded "Oh no, your butt is way too small to snowboard." WHAT? AGH, you were looking at my butt? Sick and Gross! No more talking to you!
1. And the icing on the cake: a kid was caught having sex in the bathroom last week. 15 yr old girl. Having sex. In a public school bathroom. With her 20 yr old (Yep, TWENTY) fiance. Fiance (yes, you read that right). Caught. Ewwwww...
And now, for balance's sake, here's a top 5 Fan-freakin-Tastic category:
5. That party my aunt gave was a James Brown dance party. For about 3 hours her guests got down to an assortment of James Brown, Afro-cuban jams, and lots of fun spanish music. The median age of guests was probably 55.... I loved it! When I'm 60 I want to get jiggy at dance parties!
4. The class clown of 6th period interrupted me the other day by making cell phone ring sounds...like the guy on the coke commercial - sitting on the bench, singing his cell phone ring...as I'm giving him the look of "really?", he "answers" his phone and says "Ms. Fraser, it's for you." I respond with "Bob, I am trying to tell the class what we're doing today." He says "No, just answer it, come on Ms. Fraser, somebody is trying to call you!" By this point I'm laughing so I say "Ok" and put my hand up to my face like a phone..."Hello Bob"....he says "Ms. Fraser, I don't like to take tests."..."Ok Bob, I'm sorry to hear that. I have to go now because the class is waiting and we're wasting their time." This is not as good in the telling, but it was funny. This kid gets away with a lot because I can't keep a straight face half the time....blast!
3. The weather man of the early nightly news made an anchorman crack the other day... He shows this map and is telling us that it's going to be windy. Instead of putting up the little high pressure/low pressure usual symbols, he puts up a fan and a picture of one of the anchors...the fan starts to spin and the anchor's hair flys off. Hilariously wonderful.
2. I'm not entirely sure if this goes in the horrendous or fantastic category, as it inspires some serious jealousy...my family watched Phantom of the Opera on Sunday (which is amazing by the way) and so of course we can't resist singing the tunes at the top of our lungs by the end. Well, my sister walks into the den and proceeds to play the exact chords of the phantom's theme song on the piano(without any fishing around mind you, she just sits down and plays)...my mom and I just look at each other like "how did she know how to do that???" and when she walks back into the room, I say "How can you do that??!!" She replies, "I just hear the chords...you just know by the sound of them that they're every other note." To which I reply "Agh, I got an A in music theory and I can't do that! I would have no idea where to start!" Oh to have perfect pitch! So jealous!
1. and last, but not least, I get to go on a cruise in T-minus 3.5 weeks!!!! Yeah for sunshine and ocean!
No comments:
Post a Comment