So, in an effort to remember all those things I wrote in the last post (God does what is good and all that), here's what's pretty wonderful about life at the moment:
* There's a lot to laugh about...like Benchwarmers (movie) and a book called Frost On My Moustache and family antics and ridiculous kids who throw clay on the ceiling when they're supposed to be modeling atoms with that clay (which I was initially angry about, but now think is pretty hilarious, shh, don't tell them).
* I get to play my cello a lot this month...a couple times on Sunday morning with the new fab-o worship guy, and next sat. too for a benefit dinner (which is actually kinda scary as it'll just be me playing for that...but the plan is to just play a couple half hour sets of fairly recognizable music, like pachelbel's canon etc.).
* Friendships that run deep. Friday was a really rough day - had a bit of a showdown with a student in the last 10 minutes of the last period of the day which actually made my stomach hurt - so I came home feeling very down due to the whole goodbye thing finally hitting me, and this showdown with the kid, and my stomach hurting...but it was ok because I came home to a letter from Emilou that made me cry because it was so exactly what I needed. And I don't mean cry in a bad way, but cry because somebody understands and somebody loves me, and because God brought her letter to my doorstep just when I needed it.
* Hot beverages...ahhh, how much do I love thee hot pot of coffee! So many opportunities for hot tea, hot coffee, hot chocolate, hot cider...yesssss! hot mugs in my forever cold hands, and hot beverages warming me from the inside out, and cinnamon, lots and lots of cinnamon.
* Good music to listen to. I've discovered that Imogen Heap is pretty fantastic (who knew I would love "electronica"???) and sometimes you just need to listen to music that fits the mood...which would be a lot of coldplay and a lot of beck, both mellow and good for the heart. Well actually, they're sort of mellow in a depressing kind of way, but they just fit and it's good.
* Remembering dreams of yesterday...like it has occurred to me that I would be eligible to teach overseas if I just teach one more year here. That's not long at all! Granted, during 7th period, another year seems like an eternity that I may just not be able to handle...but after 3pm, another year doesn't sound so long. And then I could go anywhere. ANYWHERE!!! and now that the goodbye has occurred, there's nobody to choose over living everywhere, so...world, here I come(!). Where to first???
* I've always wanted blue hair...and my sister Hannah has been using me for a model for her photo final, and I got to wear my blue wig for the photo shoot. (Photo shoot is fun to say, by the way) The photos she's actually using are in black and white, but we played with my digital camera to see how the color turned out too. Sadly the quality wasn't great, but here are some of my favorites (and I have blue hair!):
2 comments:
i just got imogen heap too and i love her! Hide and seek is definitely my favorite on that album...I hope you had a great weekend! much love, em
Sarah, hey, in all that spare time you have (ha ha) please check out this web site www.findyourspot.com and see what your top 24 spots are and I thought we could compare ours to see if any of them match up! I'm in the "information gathering" mode of my search of someplace to move, so since i've decided to take you with me (please!) it'd be a good idea that we move somewhere you like too!
Post a Comment