First, It's SNOWING!!!
And, winter break is the GREATEST invention of ALL time!!
Finally, about pirate eye, it seems my eyes are "rejecting gas permeable lenses"....according to my eye doc, I'm way too young for my eyes to reject hard contacts, but since I can't see anymore and I am constantly rubbing my eyes, it's time for soft contacts. Dun dun dun. I'm actually kinda sad to see the old green shards of glass in my eye go...I mean, you feel like you're in a very exclusive club when you wear hard contacts. That is absolutely ridiculous, I know, but really, there's an immediate affinity when you meet people who wear hard contacts. Especially in the "I know what you mean!" category of pirate eye, and random there's-nothing-in-the-air pirate eye in particular! But, oh well, I spose I can handle being kicked out of the hard contact club if it means that I don't rub my eyes 80 thousand times a day. For the 4 or so days that I've been wearing these soft contacts though, all I can say is that while it's nice to not deal with dirt clods stuck under my contacts, I can't see worth c-rap! and putting in and taking out these dadgum enormous contacts is a 20 minute per eye trial every day! I never had to actually touch my eyes before! Now I dig in them! And apparently hard contact wearer's corneas have to repair themselves, which mine are doing with a vengeance...a little haywire...vision changes daily! Oh well, at least I am being reminded how much I take sight for granted! And someday, when I learn how to poke my eyes without a massive onslaught of unwelcome tears and when my corneas simmer down, seeing without pirate eye will be really, really nice. My eyes are still green too, by the way (for you anti-colored-contacts people who thought I turned my eyes green with contacts, well, now my contacts are clear and my eyes are still green! take that!).
1 comment:
trust me, you'll soon become an 'ole softie for the softies. They're great. hey--i need to call you. but unfortunately i have been very busy since school's been out.. but I will call you soon! Give me some of yo snow!
Post a Comment