Monday, September 04, 2006

2 things...

First, I was reminded Saturday that I really have nothing to complain about in comparison to the things people go through... A good friend of mine is having to deal with so much right now and hearing about it made me realize I need to suck it up about this school junk. I mean, really, I have a job that makes money, I have a place to live, I have a family who is mostly functional at the moment, I have a car that works, my body works, I talk to friends in Lubbock and Chicago pretty regularly...just because I'm working harder than I ever have and because the work load seems unending, pshaw, that's nothing! So sorry for the whining and thank you to all of you who make my life lovely : ).

Second, sad news in the newspaper today - Steve Irwin died. That would be the Crocodile man...the wrangler of all animals poisonous and deadly. He was stung by a stingray and didn't make it. Sad sad sad, I loved that guy. I have many fond memories of Saturday morning Crocodile Hunter marathons in my first Lubbock house...marathons of ridiculousness and so so so much laughter. Alas, poor Steve was wrangled this time.

2 comments:

emily louise said...

remember the pseudo-crocodile hunter video we made with 20-cat richard's cats? good times. sad times for steve irwin...have a greatday!

Anonymous said...

I hope your first year is going wonderfully! You are missed here in Lubbock.