Wednesday, November 23, 2005

flying...

Hope
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

(Emily Dickinson)

2 comments:

emily louise said...

dear friend, i'm done with finals on tuesday. so we have about four days after that to hang out.... I'm going to miss you a lot. Especially since we haven't really seen each other in the past month. I'm so happy for you that you past your teacher's test. *phew* did sahala do okay? have a great night.

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of the band named "joy flying?"