Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Well folks, it's about time

Sorry, as usual, that it's been such a long time since I've posted anything...other than quotes from other people...my mind has been on so many other things...
The exciting thing though is that I'm finally graduating! It feels so good to have finished something, and to be proud of it! The only sad part about that is that I'm leaving Lubbock (ha, laugh it up my friends, who ever thought I'd be sad to leave Lubbock!)... This last Sunday was my last Ninethirty and that was kind of bittersweet - I love my church at home and I'm excited to return there, but I have been changed forever by being a part of Ninethirty for the last 5 and a half years. I have at times been restless and have thought about visiting another church (and I actually did when I was a freshman or maybe sophomore...I don't remember) but then I think about how much I have learned about loving people at First B and how much I have learned about God as full of grace and mercy and how much I've learned about the Bible from the Ewings and from other lifestyle teachers. I have been impacted so much by the people that have loved me right from the very beginning and all the way through, especially during this summer when I had such a hard time. All that to say, I'm sad to leave. It also occurs to me that I no longer know anyone in Albuquerque (where I'm moving) besides my family and my best friend... and while I've never been one to shy away from being alone, I have come to value friendship immensely these last few years. I just didn't realize how valuable and necessary it is until lately (which sounds absolutely ridiculous, but is true). Emily and Sahala, my roommates, are so wonderful and are such good friends, it is going to be so sad to leave them. Melissa and Tyson and Makenna and Tracen have become like a second family to me and it will be really sad to not see them every week.

I am excited about new adventures and new places, very excited, just suprised by how sad I am to leave Lubbock. I always say that I like change, change is good...and I still think it is...time keeps on rolling and life goes on and the sun keeps shining, guess I gotta just get with it!

No comments: