Sunday, June 27, 2010

Perro numero dos!


We are now a two puppy household! We picked up Kajani this morning and, as you can see, he and Kya checked each other out and then wrestled themselves into exhaustion (or at least just a good ol' nap). Kya is about 9 weeks old and Kajani is just over 6 wks - and she (Kya) is like twice his size! It's amazing how fast they grow! Both are Rhodesian Ridgebacks, and we got them from two different breeders, so basically this is an arranged marriage... : ). We may try for one litter a couple years down the road, but we shall see. I know we're a little crazy for getting 2 puppies at once, but the good news is that I still have about a month and a half left of summer break, so I can try to work on things like housetraining and learning a few important words (like sit and stay!) before I have to go back to work. They'll also be able to keep each other company while Marc and I are both at work, so hopefully that will lessen any separation anxiety and hopefully any destruction (or will it be twice as much with 2 chewers?!). I find myself so grateful that God created a baby version of things lately (which is a little weird for me, I've never been much of a "baby person"). Even though they get themselves into trouble, they're just so cute and lovable and affectionate that I can't stay frustrated or upset with them. I guess we'll see if that changes as they get older, but the good news is that dogs always make you feel wanted and loved, and this breed is supposed to be pretty smart and pretty trainable. Yay for dogs!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

adorable.... oh man I can't tell you how bad I want a puppster right now.... I guess 3+ kids is enough though ;)