I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities. Dr. Seuss
Friday, September 28, 2007
return of the 80's
So last week I had lunch duty and I saw a lot of frightening things...frightening but funny. There was one girl (who I've named freaky girl) who caught my eye because she varied her dress from enormous sweats/t-shirt to very dressed up. Her hair is platinum blonde and very, very straight...her face has so much makeup that it seems a little bit like a mask...except the makeup is all base - no eye color, no lip color, just a very pale face with a LOT of black eyeliner. Freaky girl spent half the week in huge sweats and the other half in skinny jeans with a very tight "stylish" shirt...face and hair never changed. The next victim of my watching was a girl I like to call Madonna girl. Her clothing choices were just straight up cah-razy, but the one that I'd like to tell you about was the day she brought out the Madonna earring...you know, the very long dangly cross earring. Just one, not two. I kept waiting to see if she'd wear the fingerless gloves, but no luck. I saw a ton of Madonna crosses all week - not just on madonna girl, but on everybody...crosses on tshirts, big huge diamond encrusted cross necklaces, crosses on jackets...lots of madonna crosses. Skinny jeans are of course very in (those would be the tapered jeans that should never have been designed in the first place), but the weird part about those is that I saw a lot of girls wearing them pulled down around their feet....as in the jeans are long, so they leave them half-pulled over their feet, tucked inside their shoes. How that can be comfortable to walk in is beyond me! The highlight of the week was when I spied a girl wearing hammer pants. No joke, they were cut a little differently than the old MC Hammer pants, but the same idea - big and balloony around the bottom, secured with some elastic around the ankle. I may or may not have stared at her in horror! Hammer pants were not a good idea the first time around! Ahhh, these kids crack me up! My high school is in a pretty affluent area, so I guess what I'm seeing for clothing choices are the expensive, stylish clothes from the expensive, stylish stores...I don't know who's idea it was to bring the 80's back, but it's a little scary. Pretty entertaining for me though, since I live in this high school world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sarah, I have definitely noticed A LOT of 80's going on around Boston! Recently I walked behind a group of three college guys, all wearing Zach-Morris-esque, flourescent square sunglasses as well as high tops with skinny jeans. G-ross!
Miss you too Mrs. U!
HAHAHAHA that's hilarious.
Post a Comment