Monday, July 16, 2007

Dallas Fun

So I've been in Dallas for the past few days for some school training, apartment searching, and fun. Marc took me to the Fray-Gomez-Eisley concert and we got to go backstage after the show because his friends from work grew up with the Fray guys in Denver. The show was great! Sadly we missed Eisley because I had some issues with the Dallas freeway system (I may or may not have been almost an hour and a half later to pick Marc up from work than intended), but we did catch the last half of the Gomez set and they were pretty good. I was impressed with the Fray, which is nice as I didn't have much of an opinion about them before going. They definitely had the coolest light show I've ever seen, and I really love bands that use piano as a strong voice. They played a few new songs that were great as well as all the songs you hear on the radio. I especially enjoyed their Shakira "Hips don't lie" cover as a closet Shakira fan :). After the show, Ben the drummer came out and talked to us for quite awhile, and wow, was he cool! So low-key and laid back...yet again, I was just impressed. Such a great night! Unexpectedly fantastic show and conversation with a non-obnoxious-rockstarish rockstar :)...yessssss!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!

chris brister and i went to see the fray last year, in ft. worth. they were awesome. we actually ate dinner next to them at mi cocina, but we didn't realize it was them. HAHA...until they made a comment about it from the stage. OHHH, the fray.

you guys are soooo cool for getting to hang with them! :)