Man, it's hard to find time to post (or look at other people's blogs) these days...student teaching is amazingly time consuming. I am looking forward to the day that I get PAID to be exhausted by teaching all day, grading/planning all afternoon, crashing into my bed as early as possible, still dragging out of bed the next morning at least 30 min. after my alarm has started ringing...
Most days I like it...a few I really hate it...
I realized today though, after teaching oxidation numbers all day long, that maybe the best aspect of student teaching in an IPC (integrated physics and chemistry) class is that not only am I learning how to teach and how to manage a classroom, but even more exciting, I am understanding for the first time ever in my life the chemistry that I have to teach. For example, never before have I understood in the slightest exactly what oxidation numbers were, how they were assigned, or what the point of knowing them would be...after teaching them today, I now know how they were assigned and why one would want to know them...and that is EXCITING for nerds like me : ).
On a weird note, I feel kind of sad and out of the loop in pretty much every friend circle I have...because I don't see many people outside of church on sunday morning and challenge on sunday night...true, I don't have much time to do anything and absolutely NO money...and I'm a terrible caller although I have been working on that most of my life (no, really)...but still, since I'm not on campus I don't see any bio friends, since I'm not at work I don't see my work buddies, since I'm not a challenge leader I'm way out of the loop in the church cliques...sad, I miss people mucho. I don't mean to sound pitiful...or even disgruntled by the "church cliques" comment - I have yet to go to a church that lacks cliques...and I have stuck with First B throughout college partly because of the people - all I mean is that I'm out of the loop and it's sad because I'll be leaving in Dec.
Ay, enough rambling already! Back to grading lab reports (ugh, sick, I hate them, no, I loathe them)...
2 comments:
awww sarah, you will always be in my "clique"! I miss you!! I as well have been terribly busy and a little under the weather, so you've missed nothing exciting on this home front. You, me and Sahala have to do something together soon!! I have a play-off flag football game with the winfrey's tomorrow night at 9pm if you need a break!! Much love as always, em
I love Emily Louise Brown!
Post a Comment