Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Boys, read please...

So I was flipping through Jeff T's new book (Friendlationships, go buy it) and saw the boy survey in the back. One of the questions was something like "If you knew the girl was not the one God has for you, do you stay with her or break up with her" and a very large percentage of boys apparently would stay with her until "the right time".... My roommate Emily and I were dumbfounded (yes, dumbfounded)...WHY would a boy stay with a girl for any length of time after he knew she wasn't "the ONE"????? Don't they know that the longer you stay with her, the more attached she will grow, and the harder the breakup will be? Please, I beg on behalf of every girl I know, if you discover that the one of us you're dating isn't the one for you, break it off quick! We will feel more betrayed and disappointed and hurt if we've thought you thought we were the right ones if, in reality, you were really just waiting for the 'right time' to end it.

2 comments:

angie said...

that's because boys are not as mature and insightful as their female counterparts are...there is typically a 6 year gap age wise...

however, one could argue that girls shouldn't get so attached...yada, yada, yada...blah...blah...blah. but we've all heard that before...how we're to emotional...why it's eve's fault...so on and so forth... :)

i'm just ranting for the heck of it now...but good word, Sarah!

sarita said...

I spose it might be a good idea not to get too attached (as the girl), but really, why would we try to not get attached if we're just dating happily along...I realize I probably don't think much (if at all) like a boy, but if I was a boy, I wouldn't want the girl I was dating to keep herself at arm's length for fear I was just waiting for the "right time" to break up with her...

On a lighter note, Angie, I NEED some of that gelato! and yes, I made up the word spose...I think : )