Saturday, July 02, 2005

at long last

Whew, FINALLY, the last final of college is over!! Yahoo!! It's actually kind of odd to think about no more classes, no more tests (besides the ones I write), no more finals...nice though! I'm off to Chicago for a family vacation later today too and I'm excited about that. Mostly because it will be a good distraction from the relentless missing of M. Why is it so hard to kick him out of my brain/heart? I try and try but alas, back he comes and it is a constant battle between wanting to call him and thinking that I must NOT call him. How ridiculous, I think my heart is revolting against my brain...it'd be nice if they'd get on the same team!
On another note, I'm starting to get excited again by the thought of traveling, especially if I can manage to use work (teaching) as a travel tool...I'm going to go home after I graduate and try to work a lot, save some, pay off some debt, and figure out what the heck to do with myself. Grad school or work? At any rate, I'm going to attempt to go to Africa for a mission trip (short term) and see where God leads from there. Everyone says you need at least 2 yrs experience teaching in the US to get a job overseas, but maybe I can find one that doesn't require that experience...maybe, we shall see. It's an odd place to be in - the "not knowing who I want to be or where I want my life to go" place that is - especially since I thought I knew at least for the past several years. Odd but in some ways kind of exciting because it seems that I am much more available for molding by the Father when I am in the state I currently am (as opposed to my usual 'independent, know what i want' state).

No comments: