So I've been meaning to post about this concert we went to for awhile...maybe a couple months...ay ay ay, where does the time go??
Marc and I went to see a group called Bowfire a couple months ago and it was one of the best embodiments of joy I've ever seen. The music was mostly fiddle and the players (and there were a whole lot of them) played like they were doing the most fun thing they could possibly do. There were a couple girls who not only fiddled, but also danced, and that was amazing (and unexpected!)! One of the girls just whirled and tapped about the stage with such abandon and freedom...I just thought "that's what joy looks like" as I watched. It was amazing! I am a sucker for music, and I've always thought that our bodies were made to dance (even if I can't dance worth anything!) - so this concert stirred my affection for Jesus like nothing has in a long time. It just seemed like tangible, visible Joy up there on the stage. So if you ever get a chance to see Bowfire, do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment