Saturday, January 26, 2008

fun and games

So Marc and I went to see the Foo FIghters this week and it was ahhhhmazing! The Foo are incredible live! Dave Grohl is a wildman...running around the whole show, making jokes, and playing incredible music. By running around, I really mean running around. We were at the American Airlines Center (a basketball arena), and we were sitting pretty far away from the main stage. The stage had a long runway coming off the front though (like a fashion show runway) and at the end, our end of the stadium, there was another little round stage. Dave Grohl was running all over the main stage and back and forth on the runway the whole show (and they played for 2 hours!). They played an acoustic set on the little round stage, which was super cool, especially as the little stage was pretty much right in front of us. I liked the Foo Fighters before going, but now I really, really like them - they were just so musically great! And they put on such a crazy show! Ah, so great, I would definitely recommend going to see them. It wasn't exactly a family show...in that it was really loud (of course, what concert isn't), and there was the everpresent cloud of weed smoke, and Dave Grohl has a potty mouth...all of which was kinda expected, but I say this because there was a kid a few rows in front of us - maybe 4 years old. He sure was cute, especially doing the little rock on hand signs with his parents, but man, his little ears had to be ringing like crazy. SO, not the place for the babies, but for the grown ups - ah, great, wonderful, stupendous, must-go see show!

And now, for the games - this is a game another teacher sent me...it's pretty fun, in a nerdy kind of way : ). Also kinda addictive! www.freerice.com

No comments: